Thursday, 16 June 2016
Home »
» PEDRO HOLDS BARCA TALKS
PEDRO HOLDS BARCA TALKS
Chelsea forward Pedro says he has held initial talks about a return to Barcelona after just a single season at Stamford Bridge.
The 28-year-old, who is currently on international duty with Spain at Euro 2016, was signed for £22m from Barca last summer, but struggled to make an impact during his debut season in the Premier League.
Italy boss Antonio Conte will become Chelsea head coach following the conclusion of Euro 2016 and his first job could be to convince Pedro to remain at the club.
"Hopefully (I can return to Barcelona) but I know it's hard," Pedro told beIN Sports. "I have already spoken about it with the president (Josep Maria Bartomeu) when we (Barcelona) were in the (Cup) final (when Barcelona beat Sevilla 2-0 last month) and spoke to all the people who want me there.
"It's complicated, but I've always said that I would like to retire at Barcelona. However, I know it's difficult because the years go by and the club has the best players in the world, it is a very demanding club and to return is complicated. But I do not rule it out either."
Related Posts:
Daniele De Rossi 'a little bit scared' of Zlatan Ibrahimovic but Italy midfielder confident of keeping the Sweden 'legend' quiet in Euro 2016 Group E clash Italy are wary of the threat Sweden captain Zlatan Ibrahimovic poses but they can win Friday's Euro 2016 match in the same way they defeated Belgium, midfielder Daniele De Rossi has said. The 34-year-old Ibrahimovic, wh… Read More
Liverpool eye Gabriel Mercado transfer after Jurgen Klopp watches him live in Copa America game Jurgen Klopp is considering a move for Argentina star Gabriel Mercado. The Liverpool manager saw the 29-year-old defender play for Argentina against Chile in the Copa America on Tuesday. His presence at the game sparked… Read More
IAAF to vote on Russian athletes ahead of Rio Scandal-hit Russia will discover on Friday if it has done enough to get back into world track and field's governing body, the IAAF, in time for its athletes to compete at the Rio Olympics. IAAF Council: Who votes? The 27… Read More
Russia blames EURO 2016 fan violence on provocation Russian sports minister Vitaly Mutko says he cannot rule out the country's soccer fans being involved in more violence at Euro 2016 tournament in France because they are constantly being provoked, the TASS news agency i… Read More
Boxing stars and celebs to honour Muhammad Ali at special Saturday fight night Figures from across the world of Boxing and beyond will pay tribute to Muhammad Ali at a huge event on Saturday. Top local prospects will be joined by stars from the world of entertainment at a New York themed fight night… Read More
0 comments:
Post a Comment